Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Blog #1 -- Welcome to 8th Grade!

Welcome to the 8th grade!  This will be an exciting year as you prepare for high school!  We have a lot of work to do, but also a lot of fun along the way!

Blogging is a relatively new idea! We will use this blog as a means of communication between us as students, classmates and teacher!  This will give us a better chance to get to know one another too!  You will need to check the blog often because there will be extra credit opportunities on here, and these will be very time sensitive! 

When responding to the blog, please let me know who you are.  If you don't want to "follow" the blog, simply state your first name, with last initial and class, along with your response.   For example, if your name is Charlie Brown, and you have my class 3rd period, you would simply respond something like this:

Charlie B. (3) Mrs. Sweet -- I totally agree with your point of view!  I really enjoyed learning this information!  It was awesome! 

or

Charlie B. (3) Mrs. Sweet, I really don't agree with your opinion of the book.  I feel like the author is really trying to . . . 

Get it?  Each blog entry comment will give you "1" extra credit point that will be calculated into your total points for the 9 week grading period.  You may NOT comment more than once per extra credit opportunity for actual extra credit!  You are welcome to comment as much as you'd like though!   As well, comments should be positive, helpful and appropriate. 

Okay -- here is your first extra credit assignment:

What is blogging?
Do you write or read blogs on a regular basis?  If so, which one(s)?
Why or why not?

All responses should be posted by August 22nd!


14 comments:

  1. Preston C. - first period- I'm exited for the 8th grade and your class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Make sure your responses deals with the questions or subject of the blog!

      Delete
  2. You have to comment as "Google Account"; then it will direct you to your Google log on. Enter your password, and it will return you to the comments box. Then you should be able to comment. Once you are finished, click "publish" to publish your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to start this 8th grade year - Ammon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget that your comments should relate to the topic of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think blogging is an online diary that you can share with everyone. I never have read blogs or been interested in them. I think I have never read them because I haven't found them interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe you should blog something that interests YOU! I felt the same until I started writing!

      Delete
  6. Honestly, 6th Period will be Mrs. Sweet's favorite class. Pumped to get more in depth in English. ROCK ON 6TH PERIOD!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, but you didn't answer the questions asked on the blog!

      Delete
  7. I have never read blogs or have ever thought about reading blogs. I have never thought about doing it because it has never crossed my mind. I think blogging is a great way to tell the world how you feel about something. I can not wait for first period english,

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's exactly why people blog -- particularly if you have a real passion for something! I can see you blogging about One Direction!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bloging is putting something on the internet for someone to read. I have never read a blog before because i dont like reading so i just never read one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think social media is a fun thing to use. Some people use it too much during the day though. It is still fun to use but some people should narrow down the hours they use to maybe just a couple minutes each hour. That would be better than using almost constantly. That is my opinion.

    ReplyDelete