Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Class of 2020 -- Blog #4 Happy Halloween!

I absolutely love this time of year!  From the colors of fall to the scents of autumn and fun activities, this season just has it all!  I particularly LOVE Halloween!  (These ghosts have been part of our Halloween decor for years!  If I don't get them out sometime in September, my family is asking me about them!  It's funny how we grow so accustomed to our holiday traditions!) 
 

Every since I was a little girl, this holiday has been one of my favorites!  I remember going trick-or-treating with my friends in the my old neighborhood.  I remember haunted houses and bobbing for apples at parties.  (I also LOVE trying to scare the actors in haunted houses, too!  They are not expecting that!)

Then, of course, I remember taking my own children out on Halloween night to get lots of candy or to attend fall festivals. 

Today, we still try to get into the Halloween spirit at the Sweet house, with pumpkin carvings, chili suppers and bonfires!



What are some of your fun memories of Halloween?  Do you still go trick or treating for candy?  (It's ok!  My boys went way past 8th grade!)  Have you ever had a really scary experience?  Something hilarious happen? 

Your response should be a minimum of three sentences for three extra credit points!  This blog will close at midnight on (you guessed it!) October 31st! 

18 comments:

  1. I love going to haunted houses around Halloween time. I also love babysitting for friends on Halloween night. Most of all I love spending time with my family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love go trick or treating on Halloween. I love the food my mom prepares on Halloween night. And most importantly, I love spending every Halloween with my cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going to haunted houses with friends. I also love spending time with my family around this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like going to a Halloween bonfire my friend has every Halloween. I also like to spend time with my family. Haunted houses absolutely terrify me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Halloween! It's one of my favorite holidays. I love watching scary movies with my friends and family. I also enjoy sitting around the fire and telling scary stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Halloween, mostly because I get candy and I get to dress up. I love to trick or treat also

    ReplyDelete
  7. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I like it because I get to wear costumes. I also like it because I can get candy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love coming up with a costume every Halloween. I do still trick or treat. Every Halloween my church does trunk or treat so I always go there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy Halloween! I love haunted houses and getting scared. I enjoy getting to dress up and receive candy. My favorite thing is being with family and friends. I'm looking forward to this Halloween because my baby sister is dressing up as a cupcake and it will be her first, actual, Halloween to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Halloween! I get to trick or treat and eat candy. Also the Disney channel "halloweentown" movies are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Halloween is my third favorite holiday next to Thanksgiving and Christmas. I definitely still trick or treat, I mean, who would pass up free candy?! My favorite part is getting to trick or treat with my friends, picking out my costume ( which I still don't know what I'm going to be ), and seeing what candy I got. It's also close to my birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mom dressed me up as a bumblebee for my first Halloween, when I was nine months old. I was a bride the year before last, and my sister was an elephant! We didn't go trick-or-treating last year because of weather. For a while my sister and I were the ONLY kids on our street, so our neighbors always gave us LOTS of candy. One year I went to a party, and I always enjoy watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"—a tradition that we try to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to dress up on Halloween! Most times we have a huge bonfire and neighborhood party. My favorite movie to watch with friends and family is "Hocus Pocus". Baking Halloween treats is always very fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am ok with Halloween. I don't absolutely love it but I can bear it. The decorations are good and on our way to school, every year, there is this one house with this ghost hung up on a tree in front of the house. It is hilarious and sort of nostalgic year after year after year. It's good to know that those people are alive and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dressing up for Halloween! We always go to my cousins house for trick-or-treat. That's the best because all of my family is together and we have so much fun! (Especially eating candy!)

      Delete
  15. I love Halloween and I like eating candy.I also like scaring some people to get them scared.I go to my friends house in a subdivision and we go trick or treating.After we get done we trade candy with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Halloween. I love how I used to come home and dump all my candy on the table and sort it. I am know at the stage where I don't care about that as much, but the memories are still there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great writing, folks! Blog is now closed! Blog # 5 will be out soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete